Friday, May 15, 2009

You....


I'm taking a step back in time on this card. I used Groovy Guava CS from last years In Colours and I'll be quite honest, on its own I wasn't fond of the colour but paired up with Ruby Red, this colour just pops.

Once again with this card I took a simple approach. I used my True Friend stamp set and stamped my outside flowers in Groovy Guava ink on white CS. I then stamped my main flower in Ruby Red ink and used a rhinestone brad to draw the eye to it.

You may notice that the scallops on the Ruby Red CS are larger than our scallop edge punch. This is because was not available at the time I made this, so I used my 3/16" corner rounder by popping the corner guard off.

I stamped a partial background on my base once again with the Groovy Guava ink and I stamped my sentiment, from the Sincere Salutations set, also in Groovy Guava.

I love cards with ribbon on them, so I tied a bit of ribbon and placed in under my top layer. This was the right touch to finish the card.

I hope you all have a great day and thanks so much for checking out my blog.

Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment