Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Little Disney



Wow, I cannot believe how fast summer is flying. It was almost exactly a year ago that we were in Disney at this time. I still have to complete my journalling from that trip and my big albums, which is scary.

I decided I would do a little mini album with some of our memories from the trip. This was also the perfect little project for my Stampers 10 group last Friday night. I found a great tutorial for a Meander Book on Splitcoaststampers.

My album is made with retired designer paper from Stampin' Up! from the 2009 Sale-A-Bration mini. I used 4 inch square chipboard coasters as my front and back cover. On the front cover I added a scalloped strip of Barely Banana cardstock and wrapped some Celery Ribbon also from the Sale-A-Bration mini around it. I used a journalling pen to print the Disney 2008. The flower is from the Sticky Cut letters package and I used my green chunky glitter. I then added a button from the retired Button Bouquet.

Since each page ends up having a pocket, I used a 1" circle punch to notch some of the pages to allow for easy removal of little journalling notes. On the journalling notes I punched a hole and added a ribbon.

One of my favorite pictures from our Florida trip is a photo I took from our hotel room at Daytona beach. It was early in the morning and the sun was just coming up. The 'beach' people were setting up their chair and umbrella rentals and it just looked awesome. As soon as I had a clear shot with no people having an early morning stroll I snapped this great shot. Unfortunately this photo of my photo doesn't do my picture justice. One day I'll post my original picture.

I added little accents and tags to pages. The tags are cut from some excess glossy paper that I had done waxed paper resist on. I ran the paper through the Big Shot using my Lots of Tags dies. I was going to added some bling but I wanted to keep this album all Stampin' Up! products, where possible. (the rings that hold the binder are not SU, nor are the coasters but that's it LOL)

I also used a pink bird of all colours to choose for a bird LOL and celery green leaves on one page with a baby elephant playing in the water in the Animal Kingdom. For the picture of Aris with a cute straw hat on, I used two flowers from the Birds and Blooms die and a button from the current Playground button set.

On my back pages, I created some hearts by using my triple heart punch and punching out the hearts from the excess on the Sticky Cut letter pages. Waste not, want not - right? I then added some pink chunky glitter to these.

Overall I think the album is sweet without being overdone. I have a few women in my stampers 10 group who are not scrapbookers at all, so this project allowed them to create an album in a couple hours without feeling pressure to start a full 12 x 12 album.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment