Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweet Little Owl

My nephew celebrated his 19th birthday a few weeks ago and this past weekend we were finally able to have him over.  Friday evening Taygan asked me if I planned to work in my stamp room and I told her that I did because I wanted to get a card made for Shawn for Saturday.  She told me that was what she wanted to do as well.  So off we went to the stamp room and we got down to business.

On my drive home from work I started working on a card in my mind.  I wanted to create a more masculine card using the Woodgrain background stamp that I just ordered in.  So I set to work and whipped up this sweet card that I had already created in my head.

The base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Chocolate Chip cardstock stamped in Chocolate Chip with the Woodgrain background stamp.

The Happy Birthday stamp from the Level 3 set Occasional Quotes, is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink onto Vanilla cardstock.  I lightly sponged around the edges of this piece to make it stand out more.  I layered this onto a mat of Cajun Craze cardstock and attached to my card front.



Next I punched out my owl's body using the Owl Punch from Chocolate Chip cardstock, then I used the Level 1 Hostess In-Colour Paper Pack to punch out the Owl's belly.  The eyes are punched from Cajun Craze cardstock and the center of the eye from Basic Black.  I used a White Gel pen to make his eyes stand out and I also added a bit to the tops of his ears so that they were more visible being layered over the Chocolate Chip card base.

Using the Two Step Bird punch, I punched out the stem from Pear Pizzazz cardstock for the Owl to perch himself on.

This card was so quick and easy and I love how it turned out.  Nothing too fancy for a male. :)

Thanks for looking.
Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment