Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dandelions


I love this picture. I have a similar picture to this one on my work computer as my background, but just from a bit of a different angle. This picture just reminds me of the beauty that can be seen in something as simple as a weed.

A couple months ago when I was still in my photography class and doing my black and white photo assignment we drove aimlessly around the countryside looking for intriguing pictures. Chris pointed out the dandelions along the side of the road where the sun was peeking through the trees casting beautiful light on them and asked what I thought of taking a picture of them. I was a bit skeptical but up to the challenge. I walked over to the side of the road and crouched down as low as I could on my haunches and started snapping away.

The way I caught the light shining through these dandelions was just perfect. There is something about nature that makes me feel truly blessed and to have the ability to capture moments in time is such an incredible gift.

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment