Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Beautiful Babies

For the past two plus years I have been telling the girls that I want to make picture tile coasters for Chris as a gift.  Originally I was going to take the girls to have their pictures done and use those photos but I have never gotten around to it.  Over the holidays I thought about this once again and thought that perhaps if company came over they might think it a bit vain so then I had the brilliant idea of using pictures of my beautiful babies. 

Although Titan passed away August '09 he remains close in our memories and our hearts.  The picture of the dog standing up is Titan.  Then there is our newest addition to the family, Madden.  He melts our hearts and has been a truly healing entity in our lives since Titan's passing.  Madden is also camera shy and I have had a very difficult time getting a good picture of him in the year and a half that we have had him so unfortunately it is not the worlds greatest photo but it is still a wonderful photo of our son.



Taygan and I were messing around in the stamp room and at the last minute I decided to whip up these photo tiles.  They were SO easy to make and although you can tell that the pictures tore a bit as I adhered them to the tiles I find they give a bit of an aged look to them.  I LOVE how these turned out and can't wait to make more.

Thanks for looking.
Margaret

1 comment:

  1. How do you do the photo transfer? I've stamped on tiles, but don't know how to photo transfer....

    Carla

    ReplyDelete