Friday, April 1, 2011

Shimmery Butterfly

I always do three projects for my Mommy and Me class.  I have already shared two of those projects over the past week and here is the third and final project.

It was super quick and easy and a fun craft to do with kids.



This is a butterfly magnet created using chipboard, aluminum tape, the Butterfly BigZ die and the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder...oh and a magnet LOL

The aluminum tape can be purchased from hardward stores such as Home Depot.  It comes 2" wide and is on a roll.  I highly recommend attaching cardstock to the back of the tape to give it more 'structure' as the tape is super thin.  You will find your finished product looks much nicer.

Don't you just love this!

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea Margaret! I've been cutting up beer cans but alluminium tape sounds much more practical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this done before! I LOVE it!! With the move, we've been popping in and out of hardward stores like it's nobody's business. I think on the next trip I'll just have to slip a roll of aluminum tape into our cart...now, to explain to Pete that it's for my craft supplies...LOL! ;) Thanks for another amazing idea! xo

    ReplyDelete