Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Adorable Keepsake Box

This box is so adorable and the great thing is, that is can be used for just about anything. Jewelry, kleenex, note pads, mini cards, etc.
On Sunday I had my dear demo friends over at my house for our playdate. Every couple months we get together and play and share ideas. This adorable box was shown to us by Sylvie and I just had to make it. Normally I struggle with colour combinations but I really like the colours I chose for this box and I didn't agonize over what to use either. LOL
For the box part, I simply used a rectangular piece of paper scored and cut in all the right places (I don't have the dimensions with me or I'd share). Fold it up and tape it together. I wanted my inside flap to have rounded corners so I used my corner rounder punch on it.
Then I used some chipboard that I purchased at Scrappingreatdeals and covered it with Bella Rose designer paper. I ran it through the big shot with the Top Note die to create a top and a bottom for my box. I then adhered these pieces to the box and tied a bit of Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain ribbon around the box.

You would be surprised how sturdy the box is when it is completed. I absolutley love it and it was super quick to make too.
There is no stamping on this project either - WOW.
Thanks for coming to check out my project. I hope you liked it.
Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. How cute 2 boot is this! No stamping?! WHAT hahahaha, I love it, it's gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete