Monday, August 24, 2009

Paper Bag Purse

Hello on this beautiful Monday.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, I know I did even though I was exhausted. Darn AC has given me a bit of a head cold, not something you want in the summertime. Today I am sharing with you an adorable little lunch bag purse. This is super simple and easy to make. Simply take a lunch bag, dollar store lunch bags work well, and trim off a portion from the top. Next create a matte for the front of your paper bag and add a layer of patterned paper on it. For this bag, I used the retired Cutie Pie Designer Paper. Next you will create a backing, but you will want to cut this larger than the front so that you can score it to create your flap. I didn't want square corners on my flap so I used my corner rounder to soften the look of the flap. Once again add patterned paper to the back and to the flap. Leave tape off the top of the back portion. Once you have your papers added, cut two little slits into the seam at the top of your flap. Thread your ribbon into each slit to create your handle and tuck and tape them gently in behind your backing and finish adhering your backing to the bag.


Then use your imagination to create a cut cover to add to your front flap. For my little purse, I added butterflies, by using my Big Shot and Stampin' Up! butterflies die. The butterflies needed just a little something, so I took my silver beads and added a few beads down the center of the butterfly. Finally take some self adhesive velcro which you can find at the dollar store and place that between your purse flap and the front of the bag to create your purse 'seal'. Now you have a cute little purse done within 10 minutes.


Thanks for looking.


Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. As always GORGEOUS, will have to give that one a go I thinks. Have a blog award for you to pick up when ready :) xx

    ReplyDelete