Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Versamark Technique

Hello all. I keep slacking off but hopefully I can get myself back into the groove of posting on a regular basis.

Today I would like to share with you a simple card that showcases two Versamark techniques.

The first technique is the most basic which is inking your stamp with the Versamark pad and stamping on your cardstock. This allows the image to appear a shade darker than the cardstock colour, thus creating a watermark effect.


The second technique deals with embossing powder. So I began by stamping my image in Perfect Plum ink on Whisper White cardstock. Next I inked up the entire stamped piece of cardstock with Versamark ink, covered with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and setting it with my heat gun.

Two great ways to use the Versamark without a lot of work.

I really wanted this card to remain simple with a lot of "white" space. So the card base is relatively simple, made with Old Olive cardstock and paper pierced around the edges using a paper piercer and the Mat Pack. The sentiment is an old retired Rub On and my image is matted on a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock and adhered to my card front.

Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers,
Margaret :)

Stamp Sets - Fresh Cuts
Cardstock - Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Ink - Perfect Plum, Versamark
Accessories- Iridescent Ice EP, Rub On's, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Heat Gun

No comments:

Post a Comment