Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jolly Holiday


With Christmas a few months away I have a lot of people who are already looking for Holiday card ideas and so I am already incorporating holiday cards in my workshops.  Today's card is based on a card done by demonstrator Heather Summers.  Although she created a Joy Fold card I made this a bit simpler as I had several first time stampers.

The card base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Old Olive.  I trimmed one end by about 1 3/8" and added a Pear Pizzaz layer to the inside of the card so that it shows where the trimmed front would have been.

I added Cherry Cobbler and Jolly Holiday designer paper to my card front and then created a separate layer that overlaps and goes off the end of the card front.



I stamped my images from the Delightful Decorations set in Old Olive ink onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then stamped another image in Cherry Cobbler on some scrap cardstock and punched it out using the Ornament punch.  I popped this up over the Old Olive ornaments.  Using a ruler, I drew in 'string' with the Pear Pizzaz marker.  The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set and stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink.  I attached the image to a layer of Cherry Cobbler and then adhered this to my card front.

I love the fresh fun look of this card.  The Jolly Holiday designer paper really makes the card.

If you would like to place an order for any of these items please feel free to contact me or click on the 24 Hour Online Shopping button in the righthand side bar.

Thanks and have a great day.
Margaret :)

Supplies:  Stamp Sets - Delightful Decorations, Teeny Tiny Wishes   Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzaz, Jolly Holiday designer paper   Inks - Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler   Accessories - Pear Pizzaz marker, Ornament Punch, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. very nice - I really like this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you ALWAYS make me want the Delightful Decorations set and Ornament punch!!! LOL! One of these days I'll get them. Sigh.... ;)

    ReplyDelete