Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Treat Folder


Last year at London regionals we made a cute little treat wrap.  I had a workshop class on Friday evening and decided this was the perfect little project to demo as I told the hostess I would show a use for the sanding block.

The folder is made from 4" wide x 12" long cardstock and scored in 3 places.  This creates a base and a back flap.  I used Pumpkin Pie textured cardstock for this.  Next I showcased two-step stamping by using the Fast & Fabulous Level 2 Hostess set.  I stamped the outline and shaded in image using the Pumpkin Pie ink.  I just stamped off before stamping the shaded image to create a lighter look.



I stamped my sentiment from the Because I Care Level 1 hostess set in Old Olive ink on a strip of Old Olive cardstock.  I then cut the end of this strip into a V.

Next I took my patterned paper and ran it through the Big Shot with the Simple Flower Embosslit Die and then sanded the embossed edges to take off the patterned paper and reveal the white interior of the designer paper.  Our solid coloured cardstock does not do this as the colour goes through the entire cardstock.

I attached the flower to the Old Olive strip and punched a hole in the center of the flower.  I added a flower brad to the center of this and attached to the front of the treat folder. 

I filled a medium cellophane bag with some candies, folded the flap of the bag and attached inside the folder.  Finally I attached the back flap of the folder to the backing of the folder with a bit of adhesive.

Thanks for looking.
Margaret

Supplies:  Stamp Sets - Because I Care Level 1 and Fast & Fabulous Level 2 hostess sets  Cardstock - Pumpkin Pie textured, Old Olive, Play Date Designer paper   Inks - Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive  Accessories - Simple Flower Embosslit, Big Shot, Flower Brad, medium cellophane bag

No comments:

Post a Comment