Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easter Treats



Okay so perhaps this is only slightly on the Easter side. I apparently don't own any 'Easter' sets or any sentiments with an Easter saying. Wow!

So I really had to think hard on what I could make that still worked for Easter. These items are what I came up with. I made the sour cream container using a piece of 6 x 6 DP from the Sale-A-Bration paper. I stamped the sentiment using the Oval All set from the Occasions mini beginning tomorrow and punched it out using the matching Oval Scallop punch, also from our upcoming Occasions mini. The ends are crimped to seal it well and to add some texture.

The little pail is from the dollar store (set of 3 for $1) and we used the sale-a-bration DP again. We stamped the birdie from the Best Wishes set in Pacific Point ink. Using the vanilla hodgepodge hardware, I worked vanilla 5/8" grosgrain ribbon through and around the pail and tied in a knot.

Last but not least is the card. I so took this card from our demo Stampin' Success magazine from March I do believe. At first you think its an ordinary card, until you raise the top half and voila, there is a sentiment in behind. I used So Saffron and Certainly Celery for the card front and scalloped the top edge of the Celery CS. I attached the two halves using a brad only and adhered only the 3 lower sides of the Celery to my Kraft CS card front. This allows the So Saffron CS to pivot up. I stamped the bird and flower using my Fast & Fun Notes set and coloured him in using my reinkers and a blender pen. I used my scissors to distress the edges and layered him on Regal Rose CS and wrapped Regal Rose around my So Saffron CS front. I popped the bird image above the ribbon and stamped my sentiment on the Kraft CS and this oh so simple card is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment