Monday, March 30, 2009

Soft and Sweet



So I got together with some other demos on the weekend for a play date and we did a shoebox swap. Talk about inspiration when we get together. We could go on for hours and hours if it weren't for the fact that we all have life outside of stamping.

I made this card for our little shoebox swap. I chose to do a multilayer card without being crazy busy. The card is 5" x 5" and the base is Textured Pink Pirouette CS. I used the Pink Pirouette DP pack along with smooth Pink Pirouette CS, Pretty in Pink CS and Whisper White CS for my layers. I paper pierced on the top two layers as I figured it would be too much work to drag my 100lb 100 year old sewing machine with me (okay so thats a slight exaggeration) but it is heavy and it is old. LOL I wrapped Regal Rose 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around the 3 layers under the tag.

I stamped the long flowers from Simply Said on the top white piece of cardstock and softened the edges by sponging ink around the border. I used my Lots of Tags Sizzlits with Regal Rose CS and Whisper White CS for my sentiment which is also from the Simply Said Set. I stamped my sentiment in Regal Rose ink to make it stand out more. I felt the card needed one last touch, so I cut out my bird in Pink Pirouette textured CS using the Birds & Blooms Sizzlits.

No comments:

Post a Comment