Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who's That Little Birdie In the Window



Ahhh yes, I do amuse myself at times. I thought of what I should title this card and this song immediately popped in my head.

So on Saturday I went to Stampin' Up! Regionals in London and I must say I had a fab time. I always get pumped up when I go to one of these events and I learn fantastic things to share with others.

Now I have been lax over the past few years when it comes to swaps at events I attend but I decided rather last minute that I would make some swap cards for Regionals. I had a shipment of supplies arrive Thursday and BAM I had inspiration. The card seemed to come together without much effort at all. Honestly I was quite surprised because I can agonize for hours over a design and still be unhappy with it in the end.

I made this card in two colours. The first was Brocade Blue and the second was Regal Rose.

I first stamped my grass from the Inspired by Nature set in Kiwi Kiss ink on my Whisper White CS. I placed a scrap piece of paper along the bottom of my white CS so that the grass stayed in the area where I wanted to place my "window". I then used my new oval scallop frame in the Big Shot to cut out my "window" in Brocade Blue and Regal Rose. I placed three brads along the right side from my Rich Regals brad set. I tied 5/8" grosgrain ribbon along the left side and popped my window up on my card using dimensionals.

I then used my bird die, from the Birds & Blooms sizzlit set, in the Big Shot. I set the bird in the grass and attached a wing to make him look like he was flying through the grass.

I finished my card by stamping Warm Wishes from the Hugs & Wishes set.

No comments:

Post a Comment