Monday, March 9, 2009

Emergency Tins

I purchased a bunch of 'altoid' tins a few years ago and onto a shelf they went. I could say that about so many things I own. Tsk tsk. I pulled them out a couple weeks ago and decided to make something with them.
We all have little emergencies while we are out and about and although we may carry these items in our purses, we usually have to dig around before we can find what we are looking for. So I made this emergency tin which can hold all the small things, like band-aids, wet wipes and safety pins.
I used the level 1 hostess DP paper pack along with Chocolate Chip CS for my base layers. I printed out emerg on the printer and 'distressed' the edges with the appropriate colour ink to match my DP.
I finally caved and ordered the Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware from SU! and used this as a frame for my E which I stamped using the Jumbo Outline Alphabet from SU! I also used Felt Flower Fusion and Fresh Favorite buttons from SU! to add some eye candy.

In the opening of the tin, I punched two holes along the inside lip with my Crop-A-Dile and tied my ribbon inside to form a little handle.


1 comment:

  1. Margaret, these are cute little tins and so handy too! I, for one, am always digging into the bottom of my purse for something!
    A big hello from Texas. I am visiting with my grandkids! Ina Eisen

    ReplyDelete