Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Off Season.... but cute



These are both a little out of season but I do like 3 x 3 cards and wanted to share these with you.

The Christmas card was made using last years In Colours Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranite CS. I stamped my tree from Punch Pals, coloured it in and added some glitter. I stamped my sentiment vertically rather than horizontally and added a few eyelets. I honestly don't know what colour they are as I thought they were pewter but they look burgandy in this picture.

The Halloween card is adorable. I used Old Olive textured CS. I LOVE textured CS. It has such great visual appeal. I coloured my pumpkin and words with Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Markers and stamped the image on Whisper White CS. I punched out with my 1 3/8" circle punch and lightly distressed the outside with my ink pad. I then layered my image on Pumpkin Pie CS punched out with my Scallop Circle Punch. I like cards with embellishments, so this card is no different. I added some retired pewter hodgepodge hardware to my scallop and attached a piece of Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon through the loop. I then popped up my image using dimensionals.

These little cards are so easy and take just a few minutes to make. They are great for any occasion (well, that is if you don't make Christmas or Halloween ones - LOL) to include with a gift or a bouquet of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment