Well, I think I've finally done it ladies. I think I have made a completely original card. Okay, all my cards are original but I mean shape wise. I have not seen anyone make a card using the Sizzix Flower Fold die. Woohoo!! Don't anyone burst my bubble and tell me they saw a card created using this die already. LOL I haven't, so to me it's 100% Margaret de Witt original.
Obviously you know now what I used to create my base. I folded my Rich Razzleberry card stock and left it shy of cutting out the full petals. This provided me with my 'hinge' to hold the card together. I then used my Texture Plate to add texture and dimension to the card base.
I stamped the bear image from the new Beary Best Friends set, onto SU Watercolour paper using Staz On ink. I let it dry for quite some time and then I watercoloured her using my new In Colours Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry and Close to Cocoa for her fur. I cut her out using my Circle Scissor Plus and layered her on a circle of Melon Mambo. I used my Mat Pack and piercing tool to pierce around the Melon Mambo layer and added stitching with my White Gel pen. Before I layered this onto my card front I wrapped some white taffeta ribbon around my card front, then once my image was adhered, I tied the bow. The reason I had to tie the bow after adhering is that the bow would have ended up behind the image and pushed my image up off the card.
I stamped the pary hat image with Basic Black onto Whisper White, coloured using a blender pen and punched out using my 3/4" circle punch. I attached this to the back of my clear button with Crystal Affects and attached it to the card with glue dots.
Since the flower fold base has score lines to fold the petals up, I folded the bottom two petals just slightly and this allows the card to stand up freely.
Thanks for looking and I hope you have a wonderful day.