Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Little Thank You


So I decided I would put my card containers to good use and actually make card sets to put inside them.

I began by stamping my flower image from Upsy Daisy in Crushed Curry ink, stamping off once and then stamping onto my Whisper White cardstock. Next I used some retired Sale-A-Bration designer paper and added a strip to the top of my white layer. I wrapped some Sale-A-Bration Celery ribbon around my card and tied in a knot.

I used my Close to Cocoa marker and coloured the word Thank You from my Upsy Daisy set and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock. I punched my sentiment out with the Modern Label punch. Now as you may know, I LOVE punches, so I didn't stop there. I punched out a scallop oval from Close to Cocoa cardstock and then I punched out a Crushed Curry cardstock label using the Curly Label punch. I layered all of these together, added dimensionals to the back and popped up on my card front. I then added all these layers to my Crushed Curry card base and my card was complete. I whipped up 10 of these cards in hardly any time at all.

Due to the bulkiness of the card from the ribbon, I was able to put 5 cards and 5 envelopes into a clear card box. After I took these pictures, I added some ribbon around the outside with a glittered monogram on a scallop circle tag. Very cute.

I did most of this while my dear sweet Madden kept walking by my stamping table and bumping me. I tell you, he is so funny. He only bumps me when he wants to play and his bumps are not subtle, so there really is no mistaking what he is trying to tell me. Clever boy!

Have a great day all and thanks for popping by.

Cheers,
Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful cards margaret! I love the colour combination... now put down the stamps (and punches) and go play with Madden!! :)

    ReplyDelete