Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You Make Me Happy


Wow, this is like the third time in the past two weeks that I have made an all Stampin' Up! card. It used to be that I only did SU cards but the pull of so many fabulous products available on the market over time was too much to resist and I began using products from everywhere. I just have so much stuff that I decided to challenge myself to use up some of my retired papers and embellishments.

Everything but the linen thread and the Modern label punch used for my sentiment on this card has retired - wow. I began with a 5.5" square Riding Hood Red base and added some Bella Rose designer paper over it. I had a spare piece of chipboard already cut out using the Top Note die and covered with some Bella Rose DP and figured it was perfect for this card. I stamped flowers and leaves from my A Rose is A Rose stamp set using Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss ink onto Whisper White cardstock and cut out my image. I popped it up on my Top Note chipboard piece and wrapped a bit of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon around the end.

I punched out a piece of WW cardstock using the Modern Label punch and selected thechocolate coloured, You make me happy sentiment from my Love & Happiness rub-on package. I then used some linen thread on my Button Bouquet buttons and placed them around the sentiment.

Eh voila!!!! I really, really like this card.

Hope to see you again tomorrow for more great creations.

Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I would frame this card and hang it up. So beautiful! Thanks for the lovely eye candy and inspiration!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete