Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentines Sweet Treat


Hey all and welcome to another week.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I went skating 3 times and had a blast. My oldest daughter worked on teaching me how to skate backwards and her friend taught me her trick for stopping. I am working on these two things and you never know, maybe by the time the skating season is done, I might actually be able to do them comfortably. LOL

Valentine's Day is coming up on Sunday already and the stores are packed with sweet treats. I was at the dollar store the other week and came across some red heart suckers. I have seen some cards made with suckers and decided I would give it a whirl.


I pulled out my Sweet Pea Designer paper and cut out a square for my top layer. Using my rectangle hole punch I punched out to holes to slide my sucker stick through. I adhered this to a square of Pretty in Pink cardstock and wrapped a bit of pink taffeta ribbon around the card to cover up those holes.

I attached this part of my card to a Real Red textured cardstock base cut 4.25" square and using some bits and pieces of Sweet Pea DP I punched out a couple hearts with my various heart punches. I popped a few of these up and my Sweet Treat card is complete.

Thanks for stopping by.
Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. Caaaa-ute!! I love that pink houndstooth pattern. The more I see of the Sweet Pea dp, the more I am smitten :) And what a great idea with the sucker - thanks for another sweet dose of inspiration! xo

    ReplyDelete