Monday, February 15, 2010

You Stole My Heart

What a long weekend! It was probably one of the absolute best weekends I have had in a very long time. Saturday I spent a good portion of my day with my dear friend Angela and we had a great time together. I went home and was able to get a smidge of stamping done.

I took Chris out for the most incredible Valentine's dinner EVER. According to him I've topped them all, so that was a great thing. The beginning stage of the heart album I posted a few weeks ago, I had managed to finish and I gave this to Chris as a Valentine's gift and he loved it.

Then we had family day and we took Taygan out for a few hours free skating at the arena and then we headed off to the Goofie Newfie for a fun afternoon of karoake and having some food. It was a great day and a great way to end our weekend.

Going back to Valentines and giving my man a gift, I also (of course) gave him a card which is what I am sharing with you today.

I took glossy white cardstock and inked the paper with Summer Sun and Only Orange ink using my brayer. This gave it a sunset feel. Next I used my Bo Bunny flexible ruler to draw a curved line on Old Olive cardstock to begin my grassy hill. I then cut slits along the top edge to create my blades of grass. Before attaching this to my sunset matte, I stamped my tree in Chocolate Chip ink to the right of the card. Then I placed my grass down.


I stamped my racoon in Staz On ink on Whisper White cardstock. Then I coloured her in with my Watercolour pencil crayons and blended with my blender pen. Then I cut her out and popped her up on my card front. Next, I stamped my sentiment, You Stole My Heart in Staz On ink on my cardfront.

Finally, I layered my main card onto a matte of Chocolate Chip cardstock which is layered on my Ruby Red card base.

Thanks for stopping by.
Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. The sky is soooo beautiful!! Now I really wish I had gotten that brayer! What was it, $12? Seriously, what was I thinking?
    You really are twisting my arm to get that stamp set - that little raccoon just steals my heart :)
    What a sweet, beautiful card, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete