Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hamilton Regionals swap


I've been a bit behind again in posting so I thought I best get moving and post a card to share with you.  Today's card is the swap I created for Hamilton Regionals.  I was skinny on supplies and didn't have time to order more in before the event so I had to come up with something in my stash.  Needless to say I have many packages of Natural Ivory cardstock so it was 'natural' for me to decide to use it.  I also knew I didn't have enough of one embellishment to do 50 cards so I decided to make a card without them.

My card base is Natural Ivory, with a layer of Basic Black cardstock.  I used my Scallop Trim border punch along one edge of the black.



My cardfront is again Natural Ivory and I ran this through the Big Shot using the new Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I added this to my cardbase. 

I stamped my sentiment from the Level 3 hostess set Occasional Quotes in Basic Black ink and punched our the sentiment using the Wide Oval punch. 

I love my sizzlit set called Lots of Tags and knew that the one tag would be a perfect matte to my oval.  I ran it through the Big Shot and cut out a Basic Black tag.  I added my oval sentiment to this and popped it up on my card front using dimensionals.  (The little white dots around the outside of the tag were made using the Smooch Moonlight - I didn't care for the look so I didn't add to my swaps)

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day.
Margaret

Supplies:  Stamps - Occasional Quotes (level 3 hostess)  Cardstock - Natural Ivory, Basic Black   Inks - Basic Black  Accessories - Big Shot, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Lot of Tags Sizzlits, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. pretty! love the layout and that beautiful dry embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete