Thursday, June 25, 2009

Christmas in..... June?



I really want to say Christmas in July. There must be a saying or movie or something about that because it's stuck in my head but I just can't seem to wait until July.

For this card I wanted to showcase altered brads. I love sparkly brads but I just don't like paying the price for them. For this card I used regular silver brads but changed them. I covered the top in Real Red CRAFT ink, cause it's nice and juicy. I then sprinkled iridescent ice embossing powder on them and then heat set them. Since the brad is so smooth if you apply a lot of pressure or rub the top of the brad with some force it will smush/ move the new coat. This really doesn't matter to me much as I have no intention of rubbing it against other things. LOL Anyway, I love the sparkly look of the 'new' brad. By being able to alter my brads I can create brads in any colour I choose.

So I used retired Christmas designer paper from Stampin' Up! on this card. I decided to use a simple layout for this card and still quite a bit of white space. I stamped my image using a new Level 2 hostess set from the new Stampin' Up! catalogue coming out in 7 days (6 if you don't include today). Wooo hoooo! I punched my sentiment out using the Wide Oval punch and popping it up on dimensionals. I then placed my brads along the right side to complete the card.

This card took me about 5 minutes to complete. Super simple yet with a little POP from those sparkly brads.


Enjoy the beautiful sunny day.
Margaret :)

2 comments:

  1. Simply Beautiful! LOVE those brads and the paper!! I love this layout too!!! Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete