Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Simple Birthday Wish



I hope everyone enjoyed Father's Day. It was a beautiful day on Sunday and a perfect lazy day. This meant that I had to kick myself back in to high gear last night as I have announcement designs to create for a client and I have a demonstrator Megameeting to prepare for this weekend. I am doing a WOW presentation so all week long I will be sharing with you my WOW items. I hope they will come off as WOW as I feel they are.

Today I am posting a card where I have used Pop Up Glue Dots. I never know what to use them for but when I was at Convention a couple years ago, we were shown how to use them with embossing powder.

For this particular card, I covered the glue dot with Real Red craft ink, applied Iridescent Ice embossing powder and then heat set. I did struggle a bit with my ink as you can see I got some on my card. It is a live and learn, trial and error thing but it is doable without getting ink all over your card. I then cut my image out using the top note die. I trimmed one end off so that I could line it up with the edge of my card. I then stamped Happy Birthday using a new stamp set from the SU! catalogue, Teeny Tiny Wishes. I then ran the base of the card through my Big Shot with a texture plate and assembled the card.
Thanks for popping in today. I hope you will stop by often to see what is new.
Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. How cool is this! LOVE what you did with the glue dot!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete