Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lovely as a Tree


I'm sure some of you can tell I haven't actually stamped in a few weeks. Life has been so hectic lately that I haven't picked up a stamp for my own enjoyment recently. It's not that I don't want to because believe me I long to be in my stamp room. So for the past couple weeks I have been scouring my old pieces of 'artwork' on my computer and using them just so I have something to share with you. I really hope next week to get some time to just play. (but first I have to design the project for next weeks Stampers 10 group) I have so many knew stamp sets on my shelf just itching to be inked.

So today I share with you another one of my 'old' cards. This is one of the most classic sets I can think of from Stampin' Up!. With a little imagination there are many things that can be done with this set.

For this card, I took a simple approach. I have a difficult time creating masculine cards but I think this one would pass. I used Night of Navy CS for my base. My tree image is stamped on Confetti White CS using Basic Black Ink. I coloured the trees and grass using my ink pads and an aqua painter. I layered my image on Really Rust CS and attached to my card front.

The sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations set and stamped in Really Rust ink. I layered this onto a bit of Old Olive CS to tie into the grass on my image. What is a card without any embellishments, really...LOL I added two pewter eyelets just because and I popped up my sentiment with dimensionals.

This is a very basic card for me but I hope you enjoyed it.

Have a super great day.

Margaret :)


No comments:

Post a Comment