Thursday, May 7, 2009

Strange Bird...


Today I am sharing something a little different with you. Instead of posting a card or scrapbook page or altered item, I decided to do a photograph.

I love taking pictures, especially of nature and country scapes. I am currently taking a photography class through my local county leisure guide program. I really enjoy it and each week we are given an assignment to work on before the next class.

Last week we were to take photos of city scapes and country scapes. Some of you may think that taking country pics wouldn't be too difficult since I live in the country but noooo, I didn't take any. Well not quite, I took some of deer in the backyard at 10:00pm at night with no flash. Now that is challenging. I think one may have actually turned out somewhat well but I haven't had a chance to look yet.

I did manage to get some great bird shots at the piers by Bronte. I must admit I was so tired in class last week I could barely remember anything that was discussed. One thing that did stick was the rule of thirds, so I did attempt pictures keeping this in mind and also worked on playing with my aperture and shutter speeds. Some pictures turned out quite well if I do say so myself.

This particular shot I wanted to share because this bird is so odd looking. When it is swimming on the surface, it looks like a duck but then when it stands up on the edge of its nest, it stands like a penguin. If anyone knows what kind of bird this is, I would love for you to share it with me. LOL

Thanks for popping in today and I hope to see you again tomorrow.

Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment