Monday, May 11, 2009

Penguin


Another Christmas card. Some of you may be familiar with this card as I designed him for classes last Christmas. I scanned this card, so the colours don't show as well as it would if I had taken a photo.

I wanted to use a different style opening for this card. The Chocolate Chip CS and Ski Slope patterned paper are the card base but this is not the part that opens. The inside of the card is actually in the Baja Breeze portion situated on the front of the card.

I used Punch Pals stamp set to make this card. This set really is a fantastic winter set great for your cards and scrapbooking. I stamped snowflakes on the Baja Breeze CS using the Baja Breeze Ink. I then stamped my penguin in Basic Black ink and coloured him using aqua painters and my ink pads. I used some Tangerine Tango ink to 'distress' the edges. The penguin is popped up over a piece of On Board Essentials Chipboard. I used white craft ink to cover the chipboard, dipped it in my Iridescent Ice EP and heat set it. I wanted to give the feel of sparkling snow.

I wrapped some Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon around the card and adhered Baja Breeze card flap to the base.
Hope you enjoyed today's Christmas card in spring.
Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment