Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Butterfly


I was at a Scrapbooking event on Saturday to raise money for Ovarian Cancer. I met lots of fantastic women and I had a great time. As I was a vendor at the event I had a free make & take available for the participants.

This is the card we made. I wanted to make things quick and easy so I ran the butterflies through my Big Shot ahead of time with Urban Garden DP. I also ran my Very Vanilla CS through the Big Shot using my Texture plate. This allowed the women to focus on the other elements of the card. They stamped the grass in Kiwi Kiss ink with the Inspired by Nature stamp set. They then added brads to the card and used the Mat Pack to line up the holes.


The butterfly called to me saying it needed some bling and of course I couldn't refuse, so we inked it up with Versamark ink, dipped it in Iridescent Ice EP and heat set it. We then added some eyelets to the butterflies wings to give it the look of 'eyes'. The card was layered on Baja Breeze CS and rather than just having one butterfly we had two. One was laid flat on the card and the 'glitterized' butterly was layered over top with just a dash of adhesive in the center. This allowed the butterly to pop out of the page. The women really seemed to enjoy this card and I hope you did as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment