Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stop Horsing Around

I find that horse cards are a great male card. Simply by selecting a few deeper colours and a horse image you can create a quick masculine card.
I selected Chocolate Chip for my card base and stamped the star image from the Wanted stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink. Next I used some retired western paper for my layer. I love using patterned paper for my cards. I find it adds great visual appeal when used well. I don't always use it well and come to think of it, I don't always use solid colours well either. I was thinking last night how colours go great together but I have made some cards where in the end I think to myself - yuck, what was I thinking. I have clued in that it's all about balance but balance is something I struggle with. Anyway, now that I sidetracked myself, let's get back to the card.

I used the scallop edge punch along one side of the designer paper and adhered it to my card base. I love embellishments and although I tend to keep my masculine cards simple I just had to add a few silver brads to the card.

Next I stamped my horse image from the wanted set in Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. I distressed the edges a bit and layered on Night of Navy cardstock. With a small piece of hemp twine I added a little lasso to the bottom right of the image. I stamped a birthday greeting in the Chocolate Chip ink and punched it out with the super duper Modern Label punch. I seem to be using it a lot lately. I adhered the sentiment to the top left of my image and added pop dots to both my main image and my sentiment and attached to my card base.

I hope this gives you some ideas for masculine cards and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment