Monday, March 7, 2011

Baja Bliss

If you remember last week I mentioned I had entered two swaps at the Megameeting I went to.  I showed you the card I made for the Occasions Mini swap but I never showed you the card I made for the Sale-A-Bration swap.

I also featured this card in the workshop I hosted last week Monday so those who came were able to make this as well.

The card front is Very Vanilla cardstock which I ran through the Big Shot using the Tulip Frame embossing folder.  I sponged Baja Breeze ink around the edges to make the tulips pop out more.

I inked up my Bliss image in Baja Breeze ink and stamped in the centre of my card front.  I added a Basic Pearl to the top of the image and then on scrap paper I stamped my butterfly image in Crumb Cake ink, cut it out using scissors and popped it up with dimensionals.



I layered my cardfront to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Crumb Cake base.  The finishing touch is the Baja Breeze seam binding.  It is gorgeous stuff and the easiest 'ribbon' to do the scrunch technique on.  I cut the end, pulled one of the little strings and gently scrunched the seam binding along my cut length. Once I was happy with this I added Sticky Strip to my card front, adhered the scrunched seam binding to it and trimmed my ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment