Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patricks Day

Well I wish I could say Happy St. Patricks Day but I received news this morning that my father is in hospital with heart problems again.  I will find out more when I go visit him after work today. I would love to go now but we are short handed at work and I would likely have a hard time sneaking past the nurses at this time of day considering visiting hours don't start until 2pm :( 
The base is Natural Ivory.  As I mentioned the other day, I have tons of this cardstock so I need to put it to better use.  I added another layer of Natural Ivory cardstock but before I adhered it I ran it through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  Tone on tone, I really like this effect.

The large 4 leaf clover was created by clear embossing the Woodgrain background stamp on Garden Green cardstock and punching out 4 large hearts.  I layered them all together to form a clover and added a brad in the center to hold them together.



The sentiment is a strip of Natural Ivory with the ends cut in a banner shape.  I stamped Happy St. Patricks Day in Garden Green ink and curled the strip of cardstock before attaching to my card front.

This really is a basic card and I did struggle with it as I have never 'participated' in St. Patties Day before or made projects based on it.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your dad, dear friend. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete