Friday, March 4, 2011

Idea Book CASE

Wooo hooo it's Friday - wow I am so happy. 

Last night I decided to simply play in my stamp room.  February was a hectic month for me and so far March has been quieter.  I do have to prepare for my Tile Coaster class next week but decided I haven't played just for me in a while so it was time to take a break.  With Chris out of commission every Thursday it is the perfect opportunity to do this.  I thought it would be relaxing but....no... I was worrying I wouldn't hear Chris call out for me when he came to, I was worrying that Mad's barking would interrupt Chris and he would jerk awake, I was worried about everything it seemed and didn't feel like I got into the groove.

I did however make a couple cards.  One is   enhhhh, and the other one I like, albeit mostly a CASE from one of the cards on the cover of the Idea Book & Catalogue.  This is the one I am showing you today.

I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and torn an edge off, then I ran it through the Big Shot with the Lattice embossing folder.  I put my Marina Mist marker in my Colour Spritzer tool and spritzed 'ink' onto the card front.

I attached this to my 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Early Espresso card base and added a couple strips of Marina Mist cardstock to the two long edges.



I coloured my stamp from the Occasions Mini Eat Chocolate set using Stampin' Write markers and stamped on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  I pulled out my Decorative Label punch and punched this out.  I added dimensionals to it and popped it up on my card front.  Finally I added a bow of 1/8" wide Marina Mist ribbon and attached it with a glue dot.

Simple, cute and still different than the one on the cover of the Idea Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment