Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baby's First Year Scrapbook


Today I am excited to share with you a 6 x 6 scrapbook album created by one of my customers. Julie made this album for her sister in law's first baby Griffin. Julie got the idea for this scrapbook when she received one herself from her friend Julia a little over two years ago for her son's birth.


Julie called me to order the Tall Tales Designer paper and some Certainly Celery cardstock. She explained what she was planning to do with it and when she completed her project I had a chance to see it. WOW. Julie did an amazing job and I immediately asked her if I would be allowed to share it here on my blog. I am so happy that Julie agreed.

Each page is made from Certainly Celery cardstock. She then created layers and pockets with the Tall Tales designer paper and some solid coloured cardstock. Her monthly titles are made using a Quickutz alphabet die (which I must say is adorable).


The front cover is absolutely adorable with Griffin's name taking center stage. The fun little doodles and the colours are just fantastic together.



There are also some great touches of texture that Julie created using Cuttlebug embossing folders.
Julie used various embellishments that she picked up at a variety of craft stores on each of her pages which add just the right final touch. I do love the little monkey and giraffe that she added. So sweet and, in my opinion, just right for a baby boy.

She completed the album by binding it with o-wire and signing her name on the back cover.

I have to admit that seeing Julie's album has made me want to order that cute designer paper myself.

Thank you so much Julie for sharing this with us and allowing me to post it. I hope I got all the information down correctly.
Cheers and have a great day,
Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment