Monday, November 9, 2009

Spread the Love for Jaimie Cates


I hope everyone had a good weekend. We were certainly blessed with wonderful warm weather and sunny skies.

Friday evening Chris and I attended a dinner party held by my employer. It was quite a nice place and they had a fabulous Motown group come up from Detroit to entertain us. They did a Supremes act, a Tina Turner act and a Donna Summer's act. (We didn't stay long enough for Donna Summer's unfortunately) They were fantastic and really interacted with everyone in there. We were home late (crawled in bed about 2:00am) and up at 7:00am Saturday morning. Needless to say Saturday is a bit of a blur for me as I was so stinkin tired. I was in bed before 9:30pm Saturday night, up at 7:30 to walk to the dog for a half hour, crawled back in bed and got up again at..... GASP...... 11:00am. Wowser, I lost half my Sunday but it felt oh so good to sleep that long. Chris had been up and out of the house already by 7:30am so it was peace and quiet for me. Actually, I think I woke up because of Madden's snoring. Who knew a dog could snore so loud. LOL
I managed to make a few cards though and I even tidied my stamp room up a bit more. I can now see the floor in every direction, except the one nook where Chris has some antiques that he needs to decide where they should go. It is really starting to look FAB in there.

Last week, I read a very sad story and if you are a huge blog reader, you may have heard this story already. It is about a young girl named Jaimie Cates. The following is a bit about her.


"On Oct. 4th, 4 teenagers armed with knives broke into a home in a small town in New Hampshire. Alone and sleeping inside were a mother and her 11 year old daughter. These 4 boys broke into this home with the intent to rob and kill anyone inside. They stabbed the mom, Kimberly Cates, to death and left her daughter, Jaimie, for dead in their driveway. It was a completely random act, their home was chosen only due to its secluded surroundings."

For more information on this wonderful cause visit Spread the Love - Stamp Something for Jaimie.
There is a card drive for Jaimie and everyone is encouraged to make a card and mail it to her to show support and hopefully bring some sunshine to her life and her family's life. May God give them the strength they need to continue on and find goodness in life.

This is the card I have made for Jaimie. I wanted a card with bright colours and I selected the bear image from Beary Best Friends because it looks like she is ready to give a great big hug.

I began with a Melon Mambo 5.25" square base. I layered Rich Razzleberry over top and added strips of Razzleberry Lemonade Designer paper over top. I coloured my bear image and sponged a light blue sky around her. (It almost looks like she is standing on a beach) I cut out my image using my Sizzix Scallop # 2 die in my Big Shot and cut out another scallop circle in Melon Mambo. I layered the two together and popped up on my card front. I added some Tiny Twinkles to the scallops to bling up my card and I added some cute Autumn Leaves buttons to the bottom of my card.

I hope that all the wonderful cards Jaimie receives help to lift her spirits and give her strength.
Please join in and bring some light to a little girls life.

You can mail your card to:
Jaimie Cates
c/o Mont Vernon Fire Station
Main Street
Mont Vernon, NH 03057

Thanks all and have a great day.

Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment