Friday, November 13, 2009

A Merry Little Christmas


A few days ago I was chatting with my friend Karen, who was my former Stampin' Up! upline. Karen set a goal for herself at the beginning of the year to make one Christmas card per week. Each week while catching up on her blog I always find a sweet and delightful Christmas card that makes me smile. (Okay all her cards make me smile - she is very talented) She really has been faithful in making them and I had told myself I should do the same but do you think I listened to that little voice in my head, NO, of course not. LOL So Karen and I were discussing this and she has given me a bit of encouragement to do it for next year. So I am going to do my absolute best to do it. I would say that I would start on next years cards now but I still have to make this years cards so that won't work too well. That does however mean that you should be seeing lots of holiday cards on my blog.

Today I have a card that I was originally planning on having as part of my 5 designs for my Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack in two weeks but I have come up with some designs that I like better, so this one got nixed. I have 4 out of 5 designs completed so next week I will post all 5 designs as a preview for the class.

I began with a 3 x 6 card base made using Real Red Textured cardstock. I added a layer of Chocolate Chip textured cardstock to my base.


Now the Holiday Mini catalogue is chock full of fantastic products, seriously, this is one Mini that I had a huge long list of products that I REALLY liked. One of those items is the Christmas Cocoa Specialty designer paper. One of the papers is a soft suede but it has a metallic, shimmery look to it. It is bee-u-tee-ful. So naturally I needed to use it on my card. I whipped out my scallop edge punch and punched both long edges. I tied some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon around my designer paper, cause it just needed that little touch.

Finally, I stamped my sentiment in Old Olive ink on Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment is from the Hostess Level 2 set, Christmas Punch. This particular sentiment coordinates in shape with the Wide Oval punch. So my finishing steps were to punch it out and then I popped it up on my card with Dimensionals.

Well that's it for me for another week. I will be back on Monday with more designs and creations to share with you.

Have a fabulous weekend. I'm sure I will as I'm off to see Cirque Du Soleil - woohooo!!!

Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment