Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack


I've been promising to share the 5 designs I have made for this week Saturdays Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack and here they finally are.

Two of these five designs I got from Splitcoaststampers. The Joy card I CASE'd from user cmfwells on Splitcoast and the card showcasing two ornaments from the Tree Trimmings set I CASE'd from user maryloves2stamp on Splitcoast. The only thing I did different on this card is that I added a strip of Old Olive Cardstock and used my Scallop Border punch on the one edge.

After having CASE'd these two cards, my creative juices began to flow once again and I managed to come up with 3 designs of my own.
I really like showing people different folds for their cards so it was time to incorporate an old favorite. The pop up stand card (that's what I call it LOL)


I used some non-traditional colours for this card for an extra bit of different flavor, although you cannot see the Brocade Blue very well.

I also created a 6 x 3 card that stands tall rather than standing 3" high. A simple bit of designer paper, some gold cord (hoping my elastic cord arrives on time for the class- grimace) and the cute Mr.Snowman from the fabulous Punch Pals set and this card is finito.


My last design is one of my favorites and I will actually have my customers cut them out with less of a flat at the top, so that they end up with a fuller, more rounded card. I stamped the leaf image from A Cardinal Christmas, added the uber gorgeous desinger paper from the Christmas Cocoa DP (Holiday Mini), a sentiment and the sweet little bird from the Sizzix Birds & Blooms set, cut out from Real Red cardstock.


I am super excited for the class to arrive and make these great cards. I know they will all love them.

Tomorrow I'll be back with my very first easel card. Woo hoo!

Margaret

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete