Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Colour Purple



It was interesting cleaning my stamping room last weekend. I finally came upon my overloaded cabinet with old swaps from upline events, regionals and convention. Although I haven't had a chance to go through all those boxes yet, there were some loose card fronts sitting in some open topped containers that I had made while debating what would be my final choice for my swaps. These poor card fronts were tossed aside as not good enough and left, lonely and forgotten. While browsing through them, I thought to myself that some of them were actually better than I remembered. LOL One of them I am sure I made and at the same time, I'm not 100% certain that I made it. Being as it was separate from my main box of swaps I believe it is mine but I think I CASED the idea of the card from elsewhere, which is probably why I'm confused. Perhaps one day I will share it with you.

Today, though I am sharing one of my other cards that I found. I believe that this card was for a swap where we were required to use background stamps.

Now my colour sense is not always perfect, so I'll be honest and say that I'm not sure if this is Elegant Eggplant or Perfect Plum. (I think it's the Elegant Eggplant) The card base is standard size and I stamped my Canvas background on it. My main image is also a background stamp, Floral, which I stamped in Versamark, applied Black Embossing powder and heat set with my heat gun.


Next I coloured some of my flowers and leaves. I'm pretty sure I used my Watercolour Crayons on this but it's too long ago to remember.

I layered my image on a matte of Old Olive cardstock and wrapped a bit of Vanilla grosgrain ribbon around one end.

I stamped my sentiment from Sincere Salutations in Elegant Eggplant and attached to my card front. Finally I adhered my image layer onto my cardfront to complete the card.

I will have a few more old creations to share with you over the next few weeks as well as some quick and easy Christmas cards that got nixed from my selection of cards for my Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stack.

Have a great day.
Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. very nice colour combo :)

    Now that you cleaned out your stamp room, when are you going to have a sale?? :)

    ReplyDelete