Monday, November 16, 2009

True Spirit

Good morning and welcome to another week. So I mentioned Friday that we were going to Cirque Du Soleil on Saturday and I just wanted to let you know that it was absolutely incredible. We were completely in awe the entire time. The singing, the clowns, the trampoline acts, everything was just completely mesmerizing. If you ever have the opportunity to go, take it.

Well, I cannot believe Christmas is just around the corner. I haven't even began shopping yet. Yikes. At least I have started working on some Christmas cards.

I have yet another card to show you today that I nixed from my designs for this week Saturday's Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack. Tomorrow I will share with you the five designs that have made the 'final cut'. :)

I began with a Real Red textured cardstock, 3" x 6" for my base. The bottom layer is composed of Kiwi Kiss textured cardstock and the fabulous Christmas Cocoa designer paper. This particular sheet is a flocked design. It has great texture and I absolutely love it.


I stamped my Snowflake from Snow Swirled in Staz On White ink onto Vellum cardstock. I let sit to dry and then punched out using my Scallop circle punch. I punched out a scallop of Chocolate Chip cardstock and offset it from the vellum scallop just slightly. To hide the glue dot I used to attach my vellum to my Chocolate scallop, I added a smidge of two way glue and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the center of the snowflake.

I stamped my sentiment in Real Red ink on Whisper White cardstock, adhered it to my card front and finally, I applied my snowflake scallop slightly over my sentiment with a dimensional.

Thanks for popping in and have a great day.

Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment