Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Praying For You

For such a long time I have admired the stamp set Thoughts & Prayers and I finally twisted my arm to buy it. Oh you don't fool me, I know that you twist your own arm into buying products you like too!!!
So I pulled out some long retired Desinger paper from SU! that I absolutely love and refuse to part with (well, except to use on a card) and decided it would be good to use with this set.

I finally.... finally, pulled out my relic of a sewing machine (you may think I'm crazy, but about 4 years ago when I got it, free, it wasn't working and I spent $175.00 to get it fixed. Yes crazy, I could have easily purchased two brand new machines for that price) Anyway my old relic is simple and doesn't scare me like new machines do, so really, it's perfect. I was ecstatic to sew on my card but I do have to admit that I need to practice a bit to get those corners nice and straight. LOL
I am big on not having things poking through my cardstock to the inside of my card where it is visible. I like things to look clean and tidy, so I sewed my Designer Paper prior to adhering to my card base. (Adhering to the base is actually the very last step)

I really like square cards and since 5 1/2" square envelopes do not cost extra for postage this is a great size. My card base is made from Close To Cocoa textured cardstock, after sewing my DP, I added this. Next I coloured my image using my Earth Elements markers and stamped on my Whisper White Cardstock. I layered this on a piece of Close to Cocoa textured and used my zig zag stitch around the edge of the two layers. Next I layered on my DP.

I just ordered in some large grommets and was a bit leary on getting the holes through my paper. I pulled out my Mat Pack and was trying to sort out my placement when what do you know happened, the prongs went right through all my layers of paper. I was tickled pink. All I had to do was fold over the prongs with my bone folder, easy peasy. :)

Next I tied a bit of linen thread through my Latte Button and adehered into the center of the grommet. It was like two peas in a pod, it was just meant to be. I finished up my card front by stamping my sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink and adhered all my layers to my card front.

The great thing about this card is that it works with this weeks Kraftin Kimmies Challenge - Stitch It Up!

Thanks for looking and have a fantastic Tuesday.

Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely job Margaret! Looks fab with the stitching...thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!