Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Girls Birthday Party


So was everyone else as stoked about the new products in the Occasions Mini and Sale-A-Bration as I was? They just seem so full of life and inspiration that I'm sure you can find at least one item that you really like.

Okay so I've babbled enough over the past few weeks about the mini's...onto other things. :)

This weekend I will be doing my first stamping birthday party. Woohoo! I'm thrilled at being asked and I am sure we will have a great time. My projects today are the items we will be making at the party.

First is the super quick and easy but very cute robot valentines treat box...yes, the theme is Valentines. I just need to buy some treats to fill little cellophane bags and then I can seal this box up. It is from the Occasions mini and the boxes are die cut so they are quick to put together.

The card is made with the I (Heart) Hearts stamp set. I stamped random hearts along the bottom of my Whisper White base with Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry ink. Then I punched the edges of a strip of Rich Razzleberry cardstock using the eyelet border punch and I layered a piece of Razzleberry Lemonade Designer paper on top.



I did add a little heart on the inside using the new Heart Embosslit die. Very cute.

Last but not least is the photo frame. I realize I still have to add a photo in it. LOL. I used pink acrylic paint on the wood (Frame is from Michaels). I added 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain ribbon around the outside edge and 1/4" White grosgrain ribbon to the inside edge of the photo frame. These are held in place using Tacky Glue.

Next I added a flower from the Pretties Kit, with a felt flower from the Felt Fusion kit and a white half back pearl the center. In Real Red ink, I stamped my Love sentiment in the bottom left corner.

Although the pink half back pearls are not Stampin' Up!, I just had to add some 'bling' around the center of the frame. These dollar store pearls were just the right touch.

Finally I punched out hearts from textured Real Red cardstock and some retired designer paper and added to frame. The largest heart is double layered and popped up using dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed these creations and thanks for stopping by.
Margaret :)

1 comment: