Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sneak Peek # 4

Good afternoon on this blustery Sunday.

Even though it hasn't snowed in two days, the wind sure knows how to build drifts on the stairs in no time flat. I have been shovelling the steps about 3-4 times each day to get up and down them. Within two hours it is built back up to about 3 feet. Ah well, c'est la vie! right.
So the holidays have been super hectic but great. My sweet girls gave me a Crock Pot for Christmas and although I haven't done anything yet, I am quite excited to learn how to use it and make some fabulous foods in it. Mmmmm!!

Well I don't want to keep you all in suspense what today's sneak peek is cause that is just mean. LOL

First, I am going to let you in on a few secrets about products coming in the Occasions mini. Some of you may have heard already through other blogs but if not I will give you juicy details.
Acrylics - WHAT? you might say. Yes you heard me right. While the stamps are still rubber, they are mounted on static cling foam. As of January 5th we will be selling acrylic blocks, individually or in a complete set and for new stamps sets, there is a choice on almost all of them for wood block mounted or acrylic block mounted. The stamps come in 'CD' cases with the labels on the front as well as the side for easy finding. The space this saves is incredible.

How about another space saver..... Punches. Although we may love our punches they do tend to take up a lot of room but not anymore!!! The new design allows you to stand them up on end or stack them on top of each other and they too have the punch image on the end so you can quickly and easily find the stamp you need without having to sort through them all.

Okay, I better stop with those sneak peek messages and get on to today's creation.

I have created a little set of cards that I think are adorable. The standard size card is perfect to give to someone who has just moved or to send to a friend to let them know you have moved. The small gift cards are perfect to attach to a housewarming gift.


So, you may wonder, what did I use to make these. Well, for the two 3 x 3 cards I used the 6 x 6 paper pack from the Sale-A-Bration mini called Welcome Neighbou. This colourfol pack has 72 sheets of double sided patterned paper. So for the card I used some paper with a sky design and some paper with houses on it. I overlapped them slightly and tied a bit of Vanilla Taffeta ribbon around it before attaching it to my white card base.

For the large card I wanted something bold and bright. I began by stamping homes and trees with the Sale-A-Bration set Good Neighbours. It is very cute and allows you to stamp different style homes with a variety of roofs to choose from and stamp some trees. As you can see my homes a bit crooked but I like it and decided to not be 'perfect'. I stamped clouds above the homes to create my 'sky' and finish off my scene. Next I took some Dusty Durango cardstock and scalloped the edges with my punch. I layered my scene onto this piece and attached it to some patterned paper from the Welcome Neighbour paper pack. This was layered onto another matte of Dusty Durango and finally attached to my card base made with Bermuda Bay cardstock.

I hope this gives you a little inspiration to create some scenes of your own once you earn these items free from the Sale-A-Bration mini.

I'll see you back here tomorrow for one more sneak peek before the fantastic minis are released.

Thanks for stopping by.
Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this stuff! Can't wait to get my hands on one of the new catalogues :) And good job on this set of cards - much different than your usual style. I always have a hard time doing something new, but you rocked these cards :) I've been waiting for a 'house' set to make cards for friends who have moved into a new home...now I know what's going to be on the top of my list. Thanks for the awesome sneakie peekies!

    ReplyDelete