Thursday, January 7, 2010

Your Friendship

Today's card is toned down from the bright colours I have been using lately. I decided I would use the beautiful Level 2 Hostess set, Wings of Friendship, for todays card.

I haven't used glossy cardstock in a coon's age and decided it was time to pull it out and dust it off. Then I also realized I haven't used a brayer in a long long time, so I pulled it out as well. I used More Mustard ink and brayered it on my glossy cardstock until I had a nice even coat. Then I inked up the bird image with Not Quite Navy ink and stamped it on the cardstock. Now, having not used glossy cardstock in such a long time, I forgot that the ink needs time to dry. So I ended up running it through my Big Shot to cut the image out with my Scallop Circle # 2 die and it smudged ever so slightly. I ran a piece of Not Quite Navy cardstock through as well and offset the 2 pieces over top of each other.


I made a 5.25 x 5.25 card base from Not Quite Navy cardstock and layered More Mustard cardstock on it, followed by a layer of some pretty retired designer paper. I stamped my sentiment in Not Quite Navy ink in the bottom right hand corner and popped up my main image with dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
Margaret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment