Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Party Dress

Last month in my Stamp Club I had the ladies create a couple holiday cards.  When I was at Hamilton Regionals in September I fell in love with a dresser card that Jackie Topa had made.  I simply had to make this card and decided that a Holiday Party dress would be the perfect thing to put by the dresser.

I won't go into all the details of how to make this card as you can get the dimensions and watch the video on how to properly cut, score and fold this card all on Jackie's blog.



The dress however I will give you the info for.  I used my Scallop Circle # 2 BigZ die and cut out the larger of the two circles using Deck the Halls designer paper.  Next with a pencil I drew lines as to where I wanted to trim to form the shape of the dress.  Once I was happy with this I cut off the excess.  I wrapped a bit of Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon around the waist of the dress and popped it up on my card front.

This card was actually quite simple to create, so long as you pay attention to Jackies' instructions on folding (I say this because I tried folding the card twice before I decided to sit down and watch the video)

Thanks for popping by and have a fantastic day.
Margaret :)

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting take on a card :) I like the little piece of lace that is peeking out of the drawer.

    ReplyDelete