Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Simple Rub-On

So a lot of cards I made this past weekend had NO stamping - GASP - I know eh!

Here is a quick and simple card I made using a rub-on as my sentiment.  I had no idea that the rub-on was silver and not black.  I guess it would help if I read the packaging first - right? LOL

If you haven't already noticed, my favorite holiday colour this year is Cherry Cobbler.  I have used it on so many cards I can't even keep track. 

The card base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I added a layer of Old Olive with a bit of my absolute favorite holiday designer paper, Jolly Holiday.  (This is in the 20% off Contempo Christmas bundle available until December 16th)  I punched one edge of this paper with the Scallop border punch and tied the Cherry Cobbler Seam binding ribbon around it.  This ribbon is fantastic.  It is so soft and light and so easy to tie, I just love it.



The way the light hits this card the Cherry Cobbler looks more pink than it does Cherry.

Finally I added my silver rub-on which I realized after I applied that it was silver and difficult to read.  I have since used these rub-ons over Very Vanilla cardstock and it is gorgeous.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.
Margaret :)

Supplies -  Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Jolly Holiday  Accessories:  Scallop Trim border punch, retired rub-ons, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment